I've been given the beautiful blog award by Julie over at forestpoppy.
It's put a great big smile on my face, so thank you Julie. Her blog is a great read, so it's well worth popping over for a gander. I am now required to reveal 7 random things about myself and to then pass the award on to 2 other bloggers. So here goes;
1. I can't stand shop bought mayonnaise, I even struggle to put a knife in it to spread it on my son's sandwiches which is unfortunate as my oldest son loves it and can eat it by the spoonful. Even writing about it makes me shiver!
2. Mr D and I collect a lot. Everything from glass vases to vintage radios, 60's and 70's coffee pots to clocks, so much so that Mr D is going to have to shelve out another wall to accommodate it all!
3. Right now as I'm typing this I'm watching Mr D cook us pollack in beer batter. I love being cooked for by Mr D it's a regular Saturday night thing. Though usually its a curry. We both adore spicy food!
4. My favourite curry from an Indian restaurant is Chicken dansak.
5. I also collect cook books. I love cooking and read cook books cover to cover as if they were novels. I have over 80, but will usually find myself going back to Nigel Slater and Jamie Oliver for inspiration.
6. Mr D and I met in a Nightclub in North Devon. He was on holiday, we met and had a dance and agreed to meet the next day in my local town. I wasn't going to go but a house mate persuaded me to go. So I walked past the meeting point on the opposite side of the road just in case I didn't like what I saw! Mr D was still there even though I was quite late. I liked what I saw and this June it'll be 16 years and three children since we first met! Who said you can't find true love through drunken eyes in a seedy nightclub!!
7. I will never tire of watching my children sleep. I think it is one of the greatest privileges of being a parent.
I've really enjoyed writing these 7 random facts, and would now like to pass the award on to Kelly at Handmade at Home and Dragonfly. I really enjoy reading their blogs and receiving their comments has made blogging all the more addictive to me!